Monday, February 7, 2011

I was able to return to beautiful Fresno on November 12th. It was so fabulous seeing all of the wonderful
volunteers and discussing with them my intense preparation experience. I will admit that it was a little
strange having them discuss the next Miss CA competition… I am definitely not ready to turn this job
over.


The next week I met the fabulous Jeann Mcswain, owner of Athena Jean Salon. I was a part of
their “Look Good Feel Better” fundraiser. I was also able to see my Miss California roommate, Lana
Brewster. She is such a beautiful woman inside and out, and it was wonderful to catch up with her.
We were all treated like celebrities by getting our hair and makeup done and getting a massage and
pedicure the next day. It was such a successful fundraiser and speaking on behalf of the wonderful LGFB
program was an honor.


In December I was able to finally meet the staff of the Little Brother’s Friends of the Elderly (LBFE)
Organization in San Francisco. The down-to-earth Miss CA 2004 Nicole Lamarche, drove me around
the city to participate in a LBFE meeting. The next day I was able to partake in the best parade I have
ever seen LIVE: Oakland’s “America’s Children’s Parade.” It was shown internationally. I was able to
sing 45 seconds of “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”. I had adorable dancers dance to my song on
a Christmas dream float. I had a BLAST! Linda Otriveros was my traveling companion and showed me a
new world of makeup!!! The next day I was able to be a part of the Miss Oakland pageant where I saw
my fabulous sister: Shelby Sinkler. Congratulations to the new Miss Oakland and Outstanding Teen,
Nanxi Liu and Sarah Dahdouh. Layne Sanders did a fabulous job of putting on a successful show in a
beautiful theater.

My FABULOUS Pilates Sponsor. Sharmila Mitra from Core Arts Pilates had an awesome christmas party that I attended. Pilates changed my body and it is all thanks to Sharmila!!!!

The next week I participated in the Nutcracker put on by the California School of Ballet owned by
Maxine Mahon, one of my judges at the Miss California pageant. It was so great to catch up with Lurece
Hunter, my traveling companion, and meet all of the magnificent ballerinas. They even had me sign their
pointe shoes!!! We later exchanged tips on pageant poses and ballerina poses.


The following week I went to Kansas City, MO where I stayed with one of my best friend’s family, the
Harens. I had a session with the incomparable vocal coach and music arranger, Bill Wolfe. It was a great
last hurrah before my trip out to Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment